2 Ağustos 2014 Cumartesi
Good Comedy Movies
Good comedy movies can increase your spirits after having a tough week, and theres even scientific evidence to suggest a link between laughter with improved health. While Im no Patch Adams, I do cherish the well-being of my readers, so thats why Ive build this set of 12 good comedy movies that will otherwise go unnoticed. A few modern comedy classics are included, but youll also find foreign comedies, cult comedies, and also classic comedies.
- Phil Connors (Bill Murray) can be a misanthropic television weatherman whos unhappy about being forced to cover the annual Groundhog Day ceremonies in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania. But imagine his surprise any time a blizzard strands him within the small town, and Phil suddenly finds himself living the same day again and again. Murray is perfect because wisecracking jerk who slowly finds redemption, and Andie MacDowell constitutes a beautiful love interest.
- Framed like a fairy tale read with a grandfather (Peter Falk) to his sick grandson (Fred Savage), The Princess Bride tells the storyline of Westley (Cary Elwes), a farmhand who attempts to reunite in reference to his true love, Buttercup (Robin Wright), after being presumed dead. But Buttercup is inside the clutches in the wicked Prince Humperdinck (Chris Sarandon), and for that reason Westley must seek the aid of the massive Fezzik (Andre the Giant) plus a Spaniard named Inigo Montoya (Mandy Patinkin). A wonderful comedy for all ages, in addition, it features lots of romance, fantasy, and action.
- Cary Grant plays Mortimer Brewster, a newlywed who learns that his aunts and brother are completely insane. The two aunts are actually poisoning elderly bachelors and burying them inside basement, and Mortimers brother is convinced that hes Teddy Roosevelt. But things get even more complicated for Mortimer when his other brother, Jonathan (Raymond Massey), arrives. As it turns out, Jonathan is very psychotic, and hes soon plotting to crush only stable member on the family. Despite the gruesome nature in the crimes committed, the film is often a comedy (plus a darn good website at that).
- A black comedy from Spain, The Perfect Crime follows Rafael (Guillermo Toledo), a mall salesman bucking for just a promotion. Hes also slept with all women in his department expect one: the homely Lourdes (Monica Cervera). But when any sort of accident suddenly generates a fresh corpse, Rafael finds himself struggling with debt to Lourdes, and he or she intends to collectwith a vengeance.
- If youd love to experience whats been the first cult film from the Internet era, then make sure to watch this slacker comedy from Joel and Ethan Coen. Jeff Bridges stars as The Dude, a stoner whos mistaken for just a millionaire sticking with the same name and drawn right into a web of intrigue. Hardcore fans attend once a year celebration often known as Lebowski Fest, along with the film is chock-full of quotable dialogue. Also starring John Goodman, Steve Buscemi, Julianne Moore, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Sam Elliott.
- Before Airplane! as well as the Naked Gun films, writers Jim Abrahams, David Zucker and Jerry Zucker created this zany sketch comedy film that parodies anything from educational films to kung-fu flicks. The unusual cast includes Bill Bixby, Tony Dow, Donald Sutherland, and George Lazenby. Directed by John Landis, who'd later helm successful comedies for example National Lampoons Animal House, Trading Places, and Three Amigos.
- Robert Townsend directed, produced, co-wrote, and stars on this tale associated with an actor struggling making it big in Hollywood. Filled with humorous daydreams and spoofs lampooning the stereotypical roles often directed at minorities, the film was covered with Townsends cards. A number of future stars make appearances, including Keenan Ivory Wayans and Damon Wayans.
- The Tramp (Charlie Chaplin) consumes an abandoned child (Jackie Coogan), cares for him, and teaches him the finer points for being a con-man. But when welfare workers seek to separate the duo, the Tramp will to do anything to be reunited. As with most classic comedies from Chaplin, the film mixes laughs with moments of sadness and social commentary. Its a silent film, in addition, but dont allow that stop you from extraordinary magic of Chaplin.
- Former David Letterman writer Chris Elliott stars as Nathaniel Mayweather, the arrogant heir with a hotel empire. Seeking to board the Queen Catherine to Hawaii, he instead stumbles onto a dilapidated fishing vessel named The Filthy Whore. Now stranded within the sea through an unhappy crew (including Brian Doyle-Murray and James Gammon), Nathaniel must earn his keep and cope with all the perils associated with Hells Bucket, including a jealous giant (Mike Starr), an iceberg monster, and also a cupcake that loves to spit tobacco. While its a bizarre comedy, it ought to be perfect for those whose taste in humor is unconventional.
- After discovering that his longtime pen pal is really a beautiful girl, recent secondary school graduate Scotty Thomas (Scott Mechlowicz) heads to Germany to generate things right. Hes joined by three other pals (including Michelle Trachtenberg), and adventures include soccer hooligans, amorous Italians, along with a nude beach full of only men. Watch for Matt Damon inside a cameo because the lead singer of your band.
- The plotlines of soap operas are funny enough independently, but this film adds to the ante if you take a look behind the scenes on the fictitious The Sun Also Sets. The all-star cast includes Sally Field, Robert Downey Jr., Kevin Kline, Whoopi Goldberg, Teri Hatcher, and Elizabeth Shue.
- Remade in America as The Man with One Red Shoe (starring Tom Hanks), this French comedy classic stars Pierre Richard as Francois Perrin, a hapless violinist who gets caught up from the power struggle between two members from the French secret service. Filled with slapstick comedy, action, plus a liberal dash of French eroticism.
I hope youve found this report on good comedy movies both entertaining and informative. If so, you may also visit the following links for much more hilarious and for all the family.